Programme / Infos
--- ACTUAL and IMPORTANT INFORMATION ----
Dear participants of the TrailTrophy Santa Caterina,
Unfortunately we have to cancel the event in Santa Caterina for circumstances of force majeure and security reasons.
We have the situation that the road SP29 between Bormio and Santa Caterina is closed due to an imminent landslide. The town is therefore in a state of emergency. This is also connected with a special situation for residents and guests with regard to medical care and mountain rescue in an emergency. For this reason a technical rescue coverage of the event is not guaranteed. Emergency care is, of course, essential to the organisation of the event.
Here is the official statement by Alberto Pedranzini, tourism manager of Santa Caterina Valfurva:
"Dear Bikers, is with great regret that we have to announce the cancellation of the Trail Trophy event. Despite our effort in preparing the best possible experience for you in Santa Caterina, we are facing a severe issue in terms of accessibility of the destination which is compromised by a potential landslide.
Santa Caterina is only accessible via Bormio (at the moment the road is totally closed) or via Passo Gavia. Santa Caterina itself and the trails that the event were supposed to hit are totally safe but, in this situation of limited accessibility, we cannot grant a quick transportation to the closer hospital in case of injuries during the event. An event is supposed to be a joyful moment for everyone and we don't feel comfortable in exposing you to useless risks; for this reason we decided to cancel the event.
The event organizer is giving you some options to compensate the cancellation but we, as a destination, would like to offer you a compensation as well. If you'll decide in fact to reach anyway Santa Caterina during the week end (at the moment only through the Gavia Pass) we will be happy to welcome you with a nice gadget but as well we will offer free guided tours on our trails as well as free access to the gondola. In case you'll decide to join us please contact our offices to get updated directions on how to reach us, to collect your gadget and free lift tickets and to arrange your guided tour.
Looking forward to meeting you in Santa Caterina.
Best regards, Santa Caterina Tourism Board"
For those who are already on the spot or want to bike here despite everything (with arrival via the Gavia Pass): The lifts will run free on Saturday and Sunday. As a participant you can get a lift pass and further information at the tourist information in Santa Caterina.
What's next for you as participants?
1. for the season 2019 you can change your booking from Santa Caterina to the TrailTrophy Flims-Laax (16.-18.08.2019) or to the race of the Alpine Enduro Series at Kronplatz (13.-15.09.2019).
If you cannot attend either of the two events, we will offer you a rewrite for a TrailTrophy of your choice in the 2020 season. Your registration code will serve as a voucher. If you no longer have this code, we will be happy to send it to you.
This is the first cancellation in our ten-year TrailTrophy history. We hope for your understanding and look forward to seeing you again soon at one of our other events.
Here you'll find a first and brief overview of the programme of bike-comonents TrailTrophy Santa Caterina 2019.
Friday, July 5, 2019
The TT Santa Caterina premiere will kick off with three stages on the programme: the ascent of the mountain by lift, followed by medium-difficulty trails to the start of the three TrailTrophy days back in the valley.
Saturday, July 6, 2019
Six varied stages are the focus of the TrailTrophy Saturday: First you take the mountain railway in St. Caterina to the middle station and then two beautiful stages to warm you up again in the valley. Afterwards there will be another lift, this time to the top station. After a midday snack, it's a bit higher with muscle power before the high alpine stages six and seven demand the ability to ride. For "recreation", a section follows on the Gavia pass road, before it continues through a lonely valley and another two stages to its destination. In the evening we will have dinner together and in a relaxed round we can review the day once again.
Sunday, 7 June 2019
On the third day of the bike-components TrailTrophy Santa Caterina, the start will be in Bormio: the bike ride from Santa Caterina to the valley station in Bormio, from there with the lift to the top. Then three fine enduro stages follow, before the winners of the TT in Santa Caterina are determined after 12 special stages. You can always (not only) look forward to valuable prizes for the fastest at the award ceremony.
Location of the event area: Via Magliaga 3, 23030 Santa Caterina (SO), Italy.
- Rider limit: 350 places are available on the starting line-up (Men’s Rider & Masters Class/Women’s rider class).
- Ranking: There will be individual rankings available for every rider with times per single section and a cumulative total ride time. In addition to this, multiple riders can also be ranked as a team. (See below)
- Teams: Three riders can be ranked as a team provided they each give an identical (!), appropriate team name. If more than three riders are starting under one team name, the three fastest riders will be ranked. Team names must be given at registration, or at the very latest when you pick up your starter pack at accreditation.
- Starting Order: The starting order for the first session is decided according to the start numbers assigned, except for the 50 fastest riders from the previous year, who will go first. Starting order will then be based on interim results/timings as soon as this is possible (so from saturday morning onwards).
- Overall Series Ranking: At the end of the season the best riders of the TrailTrophy series will be honored at the final. Riders will be awarded points according to where they place at each TrailTrophy. The rider with the highest number of points at the end is going to win. The same number of points will be awarded for each TrailTrophy.
- Overall Series Ranking II: Participants competing for overall ranking can have their worst result discounted. To be considered for the TT overall series ranking you must compete in the TT final!
- Prizes: Trophies and prizes will be awarded to the winners - no prize money will be given out.
Rules and regulations
Further information and conditions of participation can be found here (in German, English and Italian).
Informations about additional insurances
Here you can find the informations about the insurances we offer as an option: