Programme / Infos
What could be more fitting: The overall winner of the 2018 TrailTrophy series will be crowned at Kronplatz (literally: crown place)! Pustertal’s varied trails - sometimes completely natural, sometimes perfectly shaped – were first introduced to TrailTrophy fans at the last event of the season. Some of the start lines can be reached by bike, others with a comfortable gondola ride. At the Kronplatz region the number of trails increases from year to year – therefore you can expect new trails in 2018 as well!
(see schedule for further details)
Friday 14th September 2018
Kronplatz kicks off with Session No. 1, a chance to “break in” the trails over three or four timed stages, starting at around 1 pm. After that riders have the chance to fortify themselves for the coming days with a sumptuous South Tyrolean buffet.
Saturday 15th September 2018
Saturday is the so called Königsetappe – the king’s stage – of the programme, the all-mountain session, consisting of four to five time trials, some of which can be reached by bike, others which require a gondola ride. At midday, riders can help themselves to a little snack at Kronplatz and enjoy the free 360 degree panoramic view. The evening sees a big, communal barbecue and some entertainment to see out the day.
Sunday 16th September 2018
The final day of the TrailTrophy series starts early in the morning with a lift up to the Kronplatz. From there, to finish things off, over 1500 vertical metres of descent are waiting to be annihilated over the course of multiple stages. At around 2pm the fastest riders will be announced and the overall winners of the 2018 TrailTrophy series crowned.
Event-Area: At lower terminus of Kronplatz mountain railway in Reischach, Seilbahnstraße 12a, 39031 Bruneck-Reischach.
- Rider limit: 250 places are available on the starting line-up (Men’s Rider & Masters Class/Women’s rider class).
- Ranking: There will be individual rankings available for every rider with times per single section and a cumulative total ride time. In addition to this, multiple riders can also be ranked as a team. (See below)
- Teams: Three riders can be ranked as a team provided they each give an identical (!), appropriate team name. If more than three riders are starting under one team name, the three fastest riders will be ranked. Team names must be given at registration, or at the very latest when you pick up your starter pack at accreditation.
- Starting Order: The starting order for the first session is decided according to the start numbers assigned, except for the 50 fastest riders from the previous year, who will go first. Starting order will then be based on interim results/timings as soon as this is possible (so from saturday morning onwards).
- Overall Series Ranking: At the end of the season the best riders of the TrailTrophy series will be crowned at Kronplatz. Riders will be awarded points according to where they place at each TrailTrophy with the rider with the highest number of points at the end winning. The same number of points will be awarded for each TrailTrophy, except in the case that your total time for an individual TrailTrophy is substantially faster (more than 35%) than the average of the other TrailTrophies.
- Overall Series Ranking II: Participants competing for overall ranking can have their worst result discounted. To be considered for the TT overall series ranking you must compete in the TT final at Kronplatz!
- Prizes: Trophies and prizes will be awarded to the winners - no prize money will be given out.
Rules and regulations
Further information and conditions of participation can be found here (in German, English and Italian).